Monday, October 25, 2010

The Divine Yogini

I attended a yoga class tonight. I frequently feel the presence of the Divine when I am doing yoga. There is an energy in the room that is often tangible to me, like someone is brushing my hand as I move from pose to pose. Tonight I heard Her speak to me during savasana (relaxation). There is often an affirmation that stands out to me more than the others, and I believe it is a way of the Goddess communicating to me what I need to hear or what She wants me to hear. And so tonight, She spoke these words through my instructor: "Feel yourself shift from doing into being."


When I sat up from savasana, the image in front of me nearly brought me to tears. With the lights dimmed and the candles lit, there she was, seated before me, a larger than life shadow of the Goddess, seated like the Goddess, Tara (the feminine counterpart of the bodhisattva).
I could rationalize the image before me, and say that it was simply the shadow of my instructor on the wall (as I know it literally was), but the image was there. She was seated before me, and then She bowed to me, and I to her as we spoke the word "Namaste" to one another..."The Divine in me sees the Divine in you.

"Feel yourself shifting from doing into being"...from practicing the movements of yoga into becoming one with the Divine. "The Divine in me sees the Divine in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment